Greening the Screen
Applications now open
The Greening the Screen Fund is now open.
Applicants can apply for funding grants between £75,000 and £250,000. A total of £600,000 is available.
We are looking for ideas that have potential to deliver real positive change across the sector. We are not looking for a one-off idea but long-term solutions to the industry challenges of reaching net zero.
Projects will start from 1 April 2024 and will have between 12-18 months to complete their R&D.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 1st November 2023
Informed by the BFI and BAFTA albert’s Screen New Deal research, projects must reduce the negative impact the sector has on the environment through these key impact areas:
- Energy and fuel
- Circular economy and waste
- Data capture and dissemination.
Who can Apply?
- UK registered businesses, community interest companies (CIC) and not-for-profit organisations
- Applicants must be based in the Cardiff Capital Region (CCR) or collaborate with at least one organisation in the CCR
Collaboration is encouraged across these sectors:
- Media – film and television production – and the wider creative sectors
- Energy and fuel
- Circular economy services and waste management
- Manufacturing and materials.
What can I Apply for?
Applicants can apply for funding grants between £75,000 and £250,000. A total of £600,000 of funding is available.
- Focus on the media sector
- Demonstrate significant environmental benefit to the media industry, particularly the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Carry out at least 75% of its project work in the CCR
Full eligibility criteria for applicants and projects.
How do I apply?
Read the guidance on applying for a competition on the Innovation Funding Service.
Complete the online application form, which is split into four sections:
- Project details,
- Application questions,
- Accessibility and inclusion.